Accounting Finance Internship at Arc/Naya in Groningen
We are seeking a detail-oriented and enthusiastic Bookkeeping/Accounting Intern to join our rapidly growing startup under the supervision of the Financial Controller. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and contribute to the company's financial success, assisting with bookkeeping, financial reporting, and various accounting tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced scaleup environment while working closely with experienced professionals in the finance and accounting fields. We are looking for a someone, who is based in Groningen area and is available for a full-time (40 hours) internship for at least 5 months. We're flexible on the start date beyond those specified, and can accommodate your availability.
Arc is a Dutch scale-up providing advanced phone accessories. We strive to expand Arc's offerings beyond just one type of device by creating a range of high-quality accessories and standalone products in the consumer electronics industry. Our mission is to create seamless and user-friendly experiences that enable people to do things they never thought possible.
Naya is dedicated to revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Our goal is to provide creators with seamless and intuitive tools, starting with our innovative modular split keyboard, Naya Create. With our cutting-edge products, we aim to enable users to interact with technology effortlessly and as it was meant to be.
About the Team
At Arc & Naya, we don't just talk about diversity and inclusivity - we live it. We are young and driven team consisting of individuals from over 12 different nationalities, creating a truly international environment where different perspectives and backgrounds are celebrated.
We are passionate about what we do. We take pride in our commitment to excellence and continuous learning, always striving to be the best we can be as a team. At Arc & Naya, we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. We value open and direct communication and with a low hierarchy environment, everyone's voice is heard and respected, creating a collaborative and efficient workplace where innovation thrives.
- Assist with recording and maintaining financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries.
- Prepare and update financial statements, reports, and analyses, ensuring data accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- Would be responsible for booking and reconciling our revenue under the Financial Controller and reporting any discrepancies
- Would be in charge of making sure that AP transactions were handled correctly and booked into Exact for final check and approval along with watching the bank balances.
- Support the Financial Controller in the budgeting and forecasting processes, providing input on financial trends and variances.
- Participate in the implementation of accounting systems, policies, and procedures to streamline financial operations and ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather relevant financial information and provide support on financial matters.
- Contribute to special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Financial Controller.
- Continuously develop knowledge of accounting principles, industry regulations, and best practices to support the company's financial objectives.
- Currently enrolled as a student pursuing an HBO or WO degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field.
- Must remain enrolled as a student throughout the entire duration of the internship.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months, 5 days per week ( 40 hrs).
- Based in groningen as is able to commute to the office.
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and eager to learn and contribute to the company's success.
- Discretion in handling sensitive financial information and maintaining confidentiality.
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to change the forefront of technology.
- Huge growth (potential) and being embedded in an environment of 2 hardware scale-ups.
- Inspiring, exciting and vivid office situated in the heart of a start-up hub.
- Dynamic and diverse international environment with 12+ nationalities.
- Internship compensation.
- Career growth potential.
- Lunch at the office (self-cooked).
- Team building trips (the last trip was Mallorca, March 23).