Finance Internship at Arc in Groningen
We are seeking a detail-oriented and enthusiastic Bookkeeping/Accounting Intern to join our rapidly growing startup under the supervision of the Financial Controller. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and contribute to the company's financial success, assisting with bookkeeping, financial reporting, and various accounting tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced scale-up environment while working closely with experienced professionals in the finance and accounting fields. We are looking for someone who is based in Groningen area and is available for a full-time (40 hours) internship for at least 5 months.
Arc is a Dutch scale-up providing advanced phone accessories. We strive to expand Arc's offerings beyond just one type of device by creating a range of high-quality accessories and standalone products in the consumer electronics industry. Our mission is to create seamless and user-friendly experiences that enable people to do things they never thought possible.
About the Team
At Arc we don't just talk about diversity and inclusivity - we live it. We are a young and driven team consisting of individuals from over the world, creating a truly international environment where different perspectives and backgrounds are celebrated.
We are passionate about what we do. We take pride in our commitment to excellence and continuous learning, always striving to be the best we can be as a team. At Arc we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth,
We value open and direct communication and with a low hierarchy environment, everyone's voice is heard and respected, creating a collaborative and efficient workplace where innovation thrives.
- Assist with recording and maintaining financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries.
- Prepare and update financial statements, reports, and analyses, ensuring data accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- Would be responsible for booking and reconciling our revenue under the Financial Controller and reporting any discrepancies.
- Would be in charge of making sure that AP transactions were handled correctly and booked into Exact for final check and approval along with watching the bank balances.
- Support the Financial Controller in the budgeting and forecasting processes, providing input on financial trends and variances.
- Participate in the implementation of accounting systems, policies, and procedures to streamline financial operations and ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather relevant financial information and provide support on financial matters.
- Contribute to special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Financial Controller.
- Continuously develop knowledge of accounting principles, industry regulations, and best practices to support the company's financial objectives.
- Currently enrolled as a student pursuing an HBO or WO degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months, 5 days per week (40 hrs).
- Based in Groningen as is able to commute to the office.
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and eager to learn and contribute to the company's success.
- Discretion in handling sensitive financial information and maintaining confidentiality.
What’s in it for you
- Commitment & respect for Diversity & Inclusion.
- Internship compensation.
- Healthy & balanced work culture, Work & fun is our way of life.
- Innovation is our heartbeat & we encourage bold ideas & calculated risks.
- Respect, Loyalty & Trust for our employees & customers.
- Passionate to be the best. Challenging yourself.
- Collaborative & open office plan.
- Daily self-cooked culinary experience.
- Company Sponsored Outing & Events providing options to unwind, connect & create cherished memories.