Business Development Internship at Arc in Groningen
We are seeking a talented and motivated Business Development Intern to join our team at Arc. In this role, you will work closely with our Business Developer to identify new opportunities, build relationships, and expand our brand presence in the market ( US & EU).
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the consumer electronics industry while honing your skills and contributing to real-world projects. We are looking for someone who is based in Groningen area and is available for a full-time (40 hours) internship for at least 5 months starting 1st September. We're flexible on the start date beyond those specified, and can accommodate your availability.
Arc is a Dutch scale-up providing completely redesigned premium phone accessories. We strive to expand Arc's offerings beyond just one type of device by creating a range of high-quality accessories and standalone products in the consumer electronics industry. Our mission is to create seamless and user-friendly experiences that enable people to do things they never thought possible.
About the Team
At Arc a, we don't just talk about diversity and inclusivity - we live it. We are young and driven team consisting of individuals from over 12 different nationalities, creating a truly international environment where different perspectives and backgrounds are celebrated.
We are passionate about what we do. We take pride in our commitment to excellence and continuous learning, always striving to be the best we can be as a team. At Arc, we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. We value open and direct communication and with a low hierarchy environment, everyone's voice is heard and respected, creating a collaborative and efficient workplace where innovation thrives.
- Market Research: Conduct research to identify new markets, customer needs, and potential business opportunities.
- Lead Generation: Identify and create a list of potential customers, partners, or distributors by utilizing various channels such as social media, web searches, and networking events.
- Sales Support: Assist the sales team by preparing sales materials, presentations, and proposals, as well as coordinating meetings and follow-ups with potential clients.
- Relationship Building: Support the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with existing clients, partners, and suppliers.
- Competitor Analysis: Monitor competitors' activities and analyze their strategies, products, and pricing to identify potential threats and opportunities.
- Customer Analysis: Analyze customer feedback, preferences, and purchasing habits to improve product offerings and sales strategies.
- Reporting: Track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to business development activities and provide regular updates to management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work closely with product, marketing, and customer support teams to ensure alignment on business development initiatives.
- Currently enrolled as a student pursuing an HBO or WO degree in International Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Must remain enrolled as a student throughout the entire duration of the internship.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months, 5 days per week ( 40 hrs).
- Based in Groningen and are able to commute to the office.
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills, with a keen eye for detail.
What’s in it for You
- An opportunity to change the forefront of technology.
- Huge growth (potential) and being embedded in an environment of 2 hardware scale-ups.
- Inspiring, exciting and vivid office situated in the heart of a start-up hub.
- Dynamic and diverse international environment with 12+ nationalities.
- Internship compensation.
- Lunch at the office (self-cooked).
- Team building trips (the last trip was Mallorca, March 23).